Sunday, February 18, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: The Jellies, They Are Good.

Hey, if the story about Britney shaving her head can be a "Breaking News" story on CNN.com, then my FINALLY successfully making these frakkin' Concord Grape Jellies can, too.

Thanks to commenter Andy, I heeded his advice and scraped the gel from the baking dish back into a saucepan and just whisked and boiled the heck out of it for about 7-8 minutes. I poured it back into the lined baking dish and in just two hours -- DING! I had the consistency I needed. I cut them into squares, rolled them in superfine sugar and all is well in the world:



So, thanks Andy. You rock.

2 comments:

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

regarding the focus levels on your photos...

next time, if you only have the plate in your view finder, you can probably prevent your autofocus from focusing on the wrong part of the image.

I can't wait to see more wonderful items spinning out from your kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Andy!