Monday, December 10, 2007

Get Your Vote On!

Wow. It's official. I don't suck.

Thanks to the lovely Anita for letting me know that French Laundry at Home is a finalist in TWO categories of the Well Fed Network's Food Blog contest:

Best Food Blog: Humor

and

Best Food Blog: New

Click on the links above to vote, if you're so inclined. Voting runs NOW through Friday, December 14 at 11:59 p.m. EST. I don't think this blog has ever been nominated for any awards (thank you to those who nominated me), and I certainly haven't ever won anything (except for that little-known, non-televised Oscar category -- Best Overly and Unnecessarily Dramatic Reaction to Hacking Off the Face of a Softshell Crab and Not Being Able to Let it Go Emotionally Even After Almost Six Months).

While you're voting, you should also know that --

Ruhlman, Shuna, and David Lebovitz are up for Best Food Blog: Chef

Ruhlman and Shuna are also up for Best Food Blog: Industry.

And, one of my favorite blogs, Heidi at 101 Cookbooks, is up for Food Blog of the Year.

Again, thank you to everyone who nominated me. You guys rock so hard Areosmith should be worried. Well, they should be worried for a multitude of reasons (have you SEEN Steven Tyler lately?), but you know what I mean.

UPDATE: Wow, has anyone checked my horoscope today because it's a FrenchLaundryatHome-a-palooza 'round herrrrre. I'm a Yahoo Pick of the Week. Thanks, Molly!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So well deserved.

Anonymous said...

'Grats to you! As someone that's been reading since near the beginning, I gotta say it's about time someone noticed.

I would hate to think those crabs lost their faces in vain. A small price to pay for internet celebrity.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carol. And, thanks for telling us about Ruhlman's noms. I've entered my votes!

Dana said...

That's awesome! Congrats. Always glad to hear about more DC food bloggers getting their just desserts :).

shuna fish lydon said...

Mutual Admiration Society Alert!!!

P.S. I got an email from Aerosmith this morning. The situation is grave: they are very very worried.

Yours in tiny mel=on ballers! xoxo mwah!

Unknown said...

Bravo!!
You are worthy of these awards and much more,tho I don't think you'll be getting any votes from the crustacean community!!!
....the bigger question is "will you remember the little people?..."

Congrats again...now on to Comedy Central

Chris Pople said...

Well done Carol - I'm an embarassingly recent convert but I'm very much enjoying working my way through your back issues.

And in case you're stuck for something to do once you've finished the French Laundry, I would kill to see you try out some of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Search-Perfection-Heston-Blumenthal/dp/0747584095/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197382889&sr=8-1

The Foodist said...

Congrats on being a finalist

My vote went to you for New for sure!

Keep up the awsome work!

Anonymous said...

It's totally no contest...FLaH is the best humor food blog around. Anybody who can get me to wet my pants laughing gets my vote. Dinner at Per Se blog is classic.

You are wordsmith extrordinaire in my book.

Carol Blymire said...

Thank you all -- you're the best!

Anonymous said...

i found your blog with a link from ruhlman's and have been spending way too much time catching up than is good for my job performance. this site is a gem. thank you for all your fine work.

Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

YOU WON!!! I am so excited! :)

So glad to see you getting the applause you deserve.